Wednesday, October 29, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

We can hardly believe it's Halloween. It seems like we were just weeding the garden and sweating like crazy.

Carson doesn't speak much yet (other than "Carson", "ball", "come", "go", "mom", "Sarah", "dad", "CAR!!! (when he sees any motorized vehicle), "uh get down", "moh (more)" SOOOO he did not get to request a costume. He got to wear what fit him in our costume collection, which turned out to be Annie's spider costume from three years ago. Annie was a different story. I asked her what she wanted to be for Halloween back in September and she said, "a jellyfish." I thought, this will be a challenge. I had a few ideas, but I talked to my sister-in-law, Beth, and she suggested using a clear bubble umbrella. Great suggestion, Beth! (And if you are interested, Target.com has several options and trim colors to choose from). The rest of the costume we made up as we went. Here are my scary little spider and squishy jellyfish:




Carson was not a fan of the hat. He didn't really cooperate for pictures until I took it off:



Here is my little jellyfish again. This jellyfish enjoys chasing people and trying to "sting" them:


6 comments:

Stephani Polson said...

LOVE the jellyfish! You are so creative! We hope you guys have a fun Halloween! And congrats again!

Miriam said...

Cute, cute, cute costumes. Make sure the kids come over to our house.

Jessica said...

Sarah I can't believe you say your not creative that Jellyfish is adorable. I'm looking forward to being chased down by the jellyfish, even though I am scared to death of them!!

Tyson, Amber & Alayna said...

They are so adorable!

Jen said...

HOW CUTE, what a fun idea, I would not have thought about a jelly fish - but it's so fun!

Unknown said...

The jellyfish and the spider look fantastic!