Monday, November 10, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYAN!!!


Ryan's not really big on birthdays, but I'm going to make it public anyway! I just wanted to spotlight him a little and tell you a few of my favorite things about my husband:


1. Hands down, he's a GREAT dad. Since our first baby was born, he's been very hands on--diaper changes, baths, putting them to bed, getting them dressed. And he loves to play with the kids and teach them things. He likes to sing to them at bed-time too and I think that's VERY cool.

(this picture of him with baby Carson is one of my favorites. What a hot dad!)


2. He's funny as heck. Ever since I met Ryan, I've just loved his sense of humor. He can make me laugh harder than anyone else (well, the Office Staff at Dunder Mifflin come close!) He has a great internal Sarah mood-o-meter and when I begin to stress or freak out, he's always quick to lighten the mood and make me laugh. I really love that.

(here he is goofing off with Annie and Dillon)


3. He's a hard worker. He works lots of long hours in the summer time and doesn't always have a lot of time for the things he enjoys to do, but he always finds the time to do the things that need doing around the house. I'm glad the kids have a dad who works hard for them and for our family.

(here he is mowing the lawn with his buddy Annie Goose! Tell me she's not learning how to work from Dad)


4. He is very forgiving, easygoing, and calm about my short-comings. I can't think of a dumb thing I've done where he hasn't said, "it's okay," or "don't worry about it," or something like that. And what's remarkable is that he still does this even though I usually do not respond to his whoopsies in a similar fashion.

(see, here he is kindly demonstrating patience as I take yet another photo of him)


5. I just think he's cute! Check out some of these cute pics:

(here he is with Oma, Opa, and his Dad. I think he looks alot like Carson)


(Lake Powell with his Dad. He's soooo cute! Even with face paint. Even in High School!)


HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYAN! I LOVE YOU!!

8 comments:

HeatherD said...

That is all so sweet. I love the posts that get me all teary eyed. I am pathetic, of course I am the same way with chick flicks. Ryan is such a great guy. We love you Ryan! Happy Birthday!
Heather, Brian and the kids

Tyson, Amber & Alayna said...

Happy Birthday Ryan! We hope you had a fun day - even if you did lose fantasy football :D

Miriam said...

Happy birthday Ryan~~~

Anonymous said...

Happy Brithday Ryan!

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday Ryan! That was a very sweet post, I'm with Heather, I teared up a little. He is a great dad, I love that picture with him and Carson asleep on his chest, so cute!

Jessica said...

That picture of Ryan and his dad at lake powell is awesome!! Hope you had a great birthday, Thanks for always being so nice to our little Dillon, he really does look up to you!!

The Yarn Queen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYAN! Love the photos shoot especially the Lake Powell shot. He has had a great example you are very lucky Sarah.

Jen said...

I love the Lake Powell pic of Ryan! Tell him Happy Birthday from us!