Monday, June 8, 2009

Feelin' Nostalgic


Okay. So I know pregnant women can get a little neurotic and most definitely emotional toward the end. I am SO not the exception to this. Don't get me wrong, I am so excited to meet this little baby who's been somersaulting around my tummy for the last who knows how long. I can't wait to see what color hair he has, what he looks like, (the thrill of being able to pick something up off the floor is in there somewhere), etcetera, but I'm a little sad too. I have been hanging out with the coolest toddlers ever for the last little while and I'm a little worried I'm going to be totally abandoning them. . . is that crazy?

I just have loved watching Annie and Carson grow older and older, being able to hang out with them in the backyard, play with them, and talk with them. They are so fun and SO DANG FUNNY!! I've accepted that I must once again return to mustard-poo filled diapers, and sleepless nights. I don't love the idea, but I'm fine to do it. It's totally worth it, and babies smell so good, ya know? But my heart feels a tad sad to think about those little kiddos having to share their mom more than they already do. I know it's not the end of the world. . . .

I just wanted to throw that out there to the Land of Blog.

And then, to share some of what we've been up to lately:

I already told you about the tire swing. Still a big hit, for the kiddos and neighbors too. It is so fun to watch them spin and spin and spin. So far, we've had no tossed lunch or any other meal for that matter. All's well, folks.

About a month ago, I had to go to Park City to put on a conference for the Utah Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. I do this every year in my role as the work-from-home Administrative Assistant that I am. I absolutely love doing this. It is the perfect job for me and the weekend away does wonders for my soul. . . . . . . ahhhhhhh. . . .

Anyway, while I was gone, Ryan took Annie and Carson to the zoo. They are still talking about this. Annie has been doing this new thing where she wants to dress herself, and most days, we just let her do it. I tell you this to explain the hat she is wearing. She just loves this hat.


Here she is BEING an elephant. Check out that trunk! For those of you who don't know, Annie is obsessed with elephants. I'm sure this exhibit was the highlight of her zoo experience.


The highlight for Carson, on the other hand, was of course the zoo train. Trains are referred to as either "trains" or "choo-choo planes." Don't get it, but okay. I'm not gonna argue with a 2 year old about that one! Ryan said that Carson started getting a little stressed as they were waiting their turn for their 2 minute zoo train ride. "Carsie turn! CARSIE TURN!" Can you imagine how frustrating that wait must have been? My goodness!

And how cute is that tender sibling moment, eh?

Other highlights of the past little while include Annie's first dance recital -- NOTHING short of hilarious! and graduation from preschool. This I missed, but I hear it was quite the show. They made a video of the children that were graduating and I'm so glad we got one because it was so funny. Annie was in it a few times and definitely has a flair for the dramatic. So like her dad.
Ha ha! Note the sarcasm. . .


Another thing Annie and I have been doing is gardening. Here she sits, my little preschool graduate, in the front garden amongst the bee-you-ti-ful flowers we've been caring for. I can't believe how much she is growing up.

Well, on to packing and bed. We are headed to the hospital tomorrow evening to be induced for (hopefully) a Wednesday delivery. So far so good--I'm excited and happy, nervous and a little overwhelmed, but we'll make it through!

6 comments:

Miriam said...

Good luck tonight, we will be praying for you. Annie kissing Carson is a treasure!!

HeatherD said...

I am so excited for you guys that I can hardly stand it. I hope your delivery is super smooth. I am aiming for him to be born on Wednesday because then the little guy can share his birthday with our little Meggie. I think your nostalgia is normal and probably exaggerated by pregnancy because I am already feeling those same feelings and I am not even pregnant nor is it in our immediate plans. Ah, the heartbreak of motherhood. We'll be praying for you all. We would love to stop by and see the baby at the hospital. Let us know when he comes. We love you guys!

HeatherD said...

Hi this is Brian! I don't think the nostalgic feeling is only felt by mothers--or pregnant mothers. But then I may be a tad bit feminine (or simply in touch with that "estrogen feeling"):-) Right before we had Adin, I totally felt like we were betraying Meg. I even wondered if we should've just stuck to one child so that we could give Meg our undivided attention. But alas, Adin came, and we now couldn't imagine life without him. It may be a different feeling having your third . . . I don't know. But I'm guessing that a few weeks will pass and you won't be able to imagine life without the new one. Keep us posted on how things go. Good luck! My first delivery was a killer.

Kimberlee said...

Love the kid pictures. My kids are 9 and 5 and I am nostalgic all the time. Hope all goes well.

The Yarn Queen said...

Our prayers are with you, and your precious family

Stephani Polson said...

Good luck with everything Ryan and Sarah! We are so excited for your family to finally see this little one! Hopefully we can come down soon to see you guys! This little guy is very blessed to be coming to your family! Good luck and congrats!