Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Baby Rhett's Blessing


What a cRaZy month this has been! And I am so behind--so be sure to scroll down because I'm going to be posting some belated stuff: Annie's bday, Visits from Family, and a much-overdue reminiscing post from last years' trip to CT.

I digress. . .

We decided (with so much of my family in town for a visit) to combine Rhett's baby blessing party with Annie's birthday party. I knew this would be a little nutso, but it worked out okay. I learned to ask for help (Oma offered to arrange the bday cake and after initially saying, "no, it's okay. I can handle it" I let her help. She did a great job!) But I'll post pictures of her birthday later, lest she not get the attention she deserves for HER special day. . .

It was so nice to have so many of my family members here and we were THRILLED to have Ryan's Uncle Ken's family (Carla, Holly, Annie / Ryan and kids, and John / Amber and kids) travel so far to see us. I don't think we'd seen Annie or John's family in about five years!

All in all it was a great day. I'm so grateful for a wonderful family that supports us and that Ryan was able to give Rhett a beautiful blessing. I'm very proud of him for all he does for our family!

Here are some random pictures from Blessing Day:


My mom getting Rhett in his blessing outfit before church. I have done / assisted doing this three times now with fear in my heart that a diaper blowout or upchuck would ruin a blessing outfit. So far we've been lucky and he looked so cute!



My mother in law and my Mom: thanks so much for all your hard work, you two!



Mommy and Rhett



Daddy, Mommy, and Rhett



Our little family!



Our friends the Martins (minus Kaden--he was busy elsewhere!)



Ryan's cousin Brian and his kids Meg and Adin. Where's Heather?



Annie with her beloved Aunt Kelli, beloved Aunt Gretchen, and beloved baby Kate. This was the "cool kids" table as far as she was concerned!



Grandpas, Dad, and the Droubay of honor (Rhett!)



The boys: My dad, Ryan's Grandpa, Ryan's dad holding Rhett, Ryan holding Carson



And of course, Papa Foof (Abraham), for whom Rhett Abraham was named

5 comments:

neuroticmom said...

Sarah, first of all, your hair is so cute! Second of all, Rhett is positively adorable! 3rd of all, I think you are a great mom--look how cute all your kids are! I hope you are doing well and adjusting to 3 (it takes awhile).

Miriam said...

Wow, you looks soooo good! You are so beautiful, no wonder you have such cute kids!!

Stephani Polson said...

What a handsome little guy! I love the hair! Cute, cute, cute family pics! We really need to come down and see you guys soon!

Jen said...

Ahhh, Rhett is such a cutie. How lucky that you were able to have extra family for Rhett's blessing (and Annie's B-day). We really need to get together soon, your kids are growing up so fast and I don't feel like I know them, except for the blog. BTW, you look so good, I love your hair that length, it's so good on you!

Kimberlee said...

Looks like it was a good day. Sorry we could not come:( We hope to see Rhett and his cheeks soon.