
I don't know what's funnier: the things she says and does, or the fact that I sat down at the computer with the specific purpose of writing this post, and now I can't remember half of what I was going to write. In fear of losing the rest of it, I will write what I CAN remember and then add the rest later. Sheesh!
So, we were unloading groceries and she was bringing the milk into the kitchen and said (while hunched over like it was a two-ton rock): "UGHHHH!!! I am getting too old for this!" That just really cracked me up.
And then we were in line at Wal-Mart when (in a normal not-so-quiet Annie voice), she exclaims, "Eeeeeeeeew! MOM! Look at that man! His teeth are so yellow!" Okay, so that one wasn't funny, it was horrifying. I don't remember my response (still in shock perhaps), but I'm pretty sure it was something about how we all look different and if she wants to point something out to me, she can do it in a quiet voice and not preceding it with "eeeeeeeew!"
Oh, and speaking of saying things that are a little uncomfortable for Mom, we were meeting with our Bishop (church leader) and Annie said, "Bishop, you look like an elf!" We tried to distract her because he hadn't quite heard her. But she was not to be deterred. "BISHOP! You look like an elf 'cause you have pointy ears!" (They really don't look pointy to me, but whatever). It was embarassing either way. He didn't seem too offended. I sincerely hope he wasn't.
No comments:
Post a Comment