Monday, September 8, 2008

First Day of School


Last Wednesday was Annie's first day of school. She absolutely loves her teachers, Ms. Crystal, Ms. Shauna, Ms. Heather, and Ms. Brooke. She was pretty excited as well to see that some of her friends from last year were still in her class. It was also fun when she got in the car after school and showed me her work for the day. She has really improved from last year. Her picture was very colorful--almost tye-dyed in appearance. She described its creation to me as follows:

"MOM!!!! I did such a great job coloring this year! I stayed in the lines and it was VERY impressive!"

That cracked me up. Apparently her teachers also noticed that we've made improvement from filling the entire page (with no apparent concern for the lines) with a color of choice. Funny girl!

I'm glad we've found a school we love and I'm excited for her to have new experiences this year. I don't even want to think about the fact that next year I'll have a kindergartner. yikes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cried like a Democrat at an Obama campaign event when we dropped off each of our kids to preschool. It feels good to get that out in the open.

HeatherD said...

Hee Hee, Greg cracks me up. I love watching these girls grow up. Meg absolutely loves to color. It is her activity of choice whenever we have a spare moment. I have spent tons on coloring books, but I love to see her improve so much that I just keep buying more and more.

neuroticmom said...

Oh yay, I found your blog! All your stories are hilarious! What a great mother-in-law you have to come over at a moment's notice to help with things. Lucy going to pre-school was DEVASTATING for me. I cried all day long.

Anonymous said...

You mean her teacher isn't Mrs. Avery and she doesn't play in that nasty sand box?

Stephani Polson said...

I guess it's a good thing I have you and Jess to show me all the little things I have to look forward to! To help prepare me! As Kylar gets bigger I'm sure he will find trouble! Especially with who he has for a Daddy! I'm not sure if you got my message or not but you are welcome to add us to your blog list.