Friday, May 22, 2009

A Kid's Life



Alright, it's been THIRTY years since I was her age, but my memory has not dimmed such that I don't remember the utter joy of a hot, stinky tire swing on a warm summer day. I'm telling you, it does NOT get much better than this! You can see the relaxation in her face. Ryan decided today to put up the tire swing and you should have seen the smile on his face when he heard her shrieks of pure elation. It is far enough away from the trunk of the tree that we can get some serious rotation and height on each push. Classic. Absolutely classic. And major daddy brownie points today, dear.

I can remember being a kiddo and turning the tire swing so many times there were huge knots in the rope, and releasing, fully knowing I'd be moments away from tossing my lunch by the time the spinning ride of death was complete. Didn't matter. The tire swing is a childhood must. I'm so excited to watch her experience this and all the other joys of summertime this year. Maybe I'll start to feel like a kid myself! Wouldn't that be nice!

6 comments:

neuroticmom said...

I want one. Can Ryan come put one in our yard?

HeatherD said...

I took the kids to a park with a tire swing just a couple days ago. I got on with them and tried to spin it like I was in grade school. It was PATHETIC! I had to stop the swing mid-spin because I almost hurled in the kids' faces. I didn't recover for a good hour. Where did the days go when I could spin for hours???

Miriam said...

If I were you I wouldn't try the tire swing....after having babies the round and round makes you sick even if you're not pregnant!! Ya gotta love that little Annie.

Jessica said...

I'm afraid to see what Dillon and Annie will come up with on that swing!! I remeber how much fun they were too! ...I can't believe your babys going to be here in a couple of weeks or sooner..I'm so excited!!

Stephani Polson said...

Annie is so cute! I remember tire swings were AWESOME when we were little! I can't believe your little one is almost here! How exciting! Keep us posted on when he gets here!

Kimberlee said...

we want one too, but we also need at tree. can ryan work on that too. way cute picture, that is one to blow up.