Friday, April 23, 2010

Sweet Boy Carson

Just had to share this moment lest I forget it before the next time he says "NO!" when I ask him to do something. . .





So we were eating dinner last night and Ryan was not home yet, so needless to say, my patience was wearing thin and although I had originally planned a more exciting meal, there we were eating our English Muffin Pizzas when. . .

Carson: Are you the best mom?
Mom: Well, I'm just trying to be a good mom--pretty sure I'm not the best mom.
Carson: No, you the best mom!

Even seeing the words now isn't the same experience for me as hearing him say them. First of all, it was phonetically more like, "Ah you da best mom?" and "No, you da best mom!" Secondly, he said it so matter-of-factly, as though he were discussing something indisputable with me, like the color of the sky. Like, duh, of course you are! Third, he's three and most likely unaware of the power of words like those as well as how much it meant to me. What a gift to a stressed-out Mom. And what a sweet expression he had on his face. It made me feel SO good! It was a rough night and I sometimes wonder at times like that if I'm doing them any good, ya know? So it made me feel really special knowing that to him, I'm the best! What a sweet little boy.

Thanks, Carsie!

PS: And then, just a moment ago, he was standing on my chair behind me and hugged my neck and said, "You a good girl (giwl). And you cute!"

After which, he immediately looked at his sister, turned his hind end toward her, grabbed the waistline of his pants and asked, "hey, you wanna see my butt?"

That's my boy!

3 comments:

neuroticmom said...

Well I'm all teary eyed now. It feels good to hear that sometimes.

Kimberlee said...

Aawww. Nothing can make you feel more important than your little ones. Makes all the hard work worth it when they throw you a compliment every now and then, huh?

Melanie said...

How cute! Carson is such a sweet boy for saying that. Love the pictures of baby Rhett too- he is such a cutie!! Can't wait to see you guys soon!