Wednesday, September 1, 2010

And they're off!

Here are my kiddos ready for school this morning.  Both of them attend different schools BUT start at the same time, so you can imagine the stress. . .  However, we did GREAT.  Annie is in her second week of school so with them lining up outside, there is a little cushion of time for me to get her there and then Carson up to his school.  I'm just still reeling that they are this old!  

Here was Annie last week on her first day of school.  Sorry about the date imprint--I'm borrowing a camera (because of COURSE, mine broke right before my CT trip) and haven't figured out how to take the incorrect date off much less put the correct date on!  Anyway, Annie was pretty excited for 1st grade.  She has liked school in the past, but not loved it.  I don't really know why.  It's not the academics because she does really really well.  In fact, she's already capable of reading younger chapter books and is, according to her Kindergarten teacher, "off the charts" with that.  Perhaps it's the whole "listen, obey the rules, respect others" aspect.  ahem.  Anyway, she LOVES 1st grade.  Love love loves 1st grade.  She is so excited about eating lunch at school, about lining up outside, about reading, about a new classroom, a new teacher, new friends, the whole kit and caboodle.  And I couldn't be happier for her.  Again, it's just difficult for me to have her gone ALL DAY LONG!  I really miss her and can't believe that this is how it will be from now on.  I'll get over it I'm sure, but (sniff sniff) she's my little Annie, ya know?





 Now, onto the other one. . . . Carson started his preschool class today.  He was very very excited.  He walked in the door, threw his backpack up on a counter and ran over to the cars.  SO Carson!  I had to explain that he needed to find out where to HANG UP his backpack and that he needed to listen to his teacher, etc. etc.  I wasn't at all surprised when he had a big grin on his face when I left and a somewhat chagrined "I don't want to go yet" pout on his face when I picked him up 2 1/2 hours later!  We'll have a lot to learn this year as his handout with "Carson" on it that was supposed to be traced and practiced had green marker all over it, no letters of any kind, and was dog-eared and ripped on all four sides.  Wish us (and the teacher) luck!


I wonder if they would have still accepted our application had they seen this photo first! 

4 comments:

Stephani Polson said...

Holy Cow! Your Annie is seriously in 1st grade? WOW! And that last pic of Carson is AWESOME! It made me laugh! It was so good to see you guys a few weeks ago! Your little family is really growing!(Except you, Sarah! You're shrinking! Seriously though, you look awesome!)

Miriam said...

I can't believe how big your kids are! Enjoy every minute because before you know it they will be off on their own.

Kimberlee said...

Cheers to wanting them to go, and then missing them and wanting them to come home. I wish I could be a fly on the wall in Carson's class. I wonder if he tells kids, "this in NOT a play zone". Cute, cute kids:)

The Yarn Queen said...

I've just been wondering what happened to Annie's curls.