
Annie and I were having the most interesting conversation as we snuggled in my bed this morning. Since we found out we're having a boy and her response was "NOOOOO!!!! I DON'T WANT A BOY, I WANT A GIRL. . . . .", I have been trying to get her excited for the boy. So, a few weeks ago, I asked her what she wanted to name the baby.
Annie: Orco.
Me: Orco? From He-Man? (She's been watching it with Dillon lately)
Annie: Yes. Orco.
This name was her first choice for a few weeks. She still likes it. Then, when Aunt Kelli had her baby, we went to the hospital to visit, and every time we went into either Labor and Delivery or Recovery, we had to announce who we were there to see: "Kelli Shelley." This was very neat for Annie, and to her credit, it does roll off the tongue quite nicely. Anyway, Annie not only insisted on calling her "Kelli Shelley" for the rest of the day, but also on being the voice in the intercom at least twice. I kinda chuckled to myself thinking, "I'm sure they are going to be thrilled to push the admit button when they hear a small child's (not the hospital's favorite visitor in the Women's center, I'm sure) voice requesting admittance!"
A few days later,
Me: So do you still like Orco for a name?
Annie: No, let's call the baby "Kelli Shelley"
Me: That's a girl's name. Is there a boy name you like?
Annie: Mike. Michael.
Me: Mike Shelley? (Thinking she was following a pattern here)
Annie: No. Michael Scott.
Me: (You have GOT to be kidding me! Mommy watches too much Office, me thinks!) Michael Scott?
Annie: Yes, he's funny.
Then, this morning. We were talking about how my tummy was hurting and she was telling her baby brother in my tummy (with her lips approximately 1 mm away from my belly), "you cannot hurt my mommy's tummy. We have to be nice to mommy!" And we started discussing names again.
Me: So what should we name the baby?
Annie: Mike
Me: Michael Scott? (Thinking she was on THIS again.)
Annie: No. Mike Wazowski.
Me: From Monsters, Inc.? (for those of you who don't have this film memorized, he's the little green ball monster--good guy)
Annie: Yes. Mike Wazowski.
Me: (stunned into silence)
Annie: Actually, what do you think we could name him "Joe Mama?"
I didn't know how to respond. She gets this from her dad. All I could do was laugh. What a silly girl!
6 comments:
i've got news for you....you've got one smart little girl on your hands. Get ready...
She is such a crack up. What are you naming the little guy?
That is so cute! We vote for Michael Scott!
I'm sorry for the orco obsession! What an imagination she has!! Definatley gets that from her mom!! So what about the name Michael Orco Droubay, then Annie would be complety happy!hahaha
Congrats on finding out it is a boy!! When is your due date again?? Annie is one smart cookie!
That is hilarious.. You should name him cuarta (You know how to pronounce that don't you?? I wansn't quite sure how to spell it! :))
Post a Comment