Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Funny Exchange


Maybe this stuff is only hilarious to the parents of the child(ren) in question, but I'll share it anyway. Carson is learning to put words together more and more. It is really funny sometimes. Not that he's a comedic genius or anything, it just sounds funny coming from a tot his size. He's so little, I just can't believe that he really understands what he is saying, but evidently he does.

Annie saw on the video monitor that he was awake and said, "let's go get Carson!" You see, she's been begging her dad for two days now to go up in the attic and get the Easter decorations. She is obsessed with Easter eggs--has been as long as I can remember. Anyway, her dad got the stuff down and we unloaded it onto the table and she picked out a bunch of plastic eggs and a basket and has been busy ever since. Well, she was excited to share the fun with Carson.

(see, here she is with her Easter eggs two years ago)

So we go downstairs and she goes right into his room and leans in and says excitedly, "CARSIE!!! Come upstairs, there is a surprise for you!" (surprise for whooooooo????) He does that audible open-mouthed inhalation/excited noise "ahhhhhhhhhhhh. . . . COOH!" (or "cool" in Carson-ese)

I thought it was sooo funny. He was over-the-moon excited, and for what? He didn't care. All he knew was that his sister was excited so what other explanation did he need! So funny.

Yes, kids say the darndest things. I love when other parents post them because they make me laugh so hard!

We are not without these such sayings here at the Droubays. One of my favorites I hear every night as I'm tucking Annie into bed is, "Mom? Is it gonna be tommorow today?"

I love thinking about how they arrive at those words -- you know, what's their train of thought?

Hilarious!

2 comments:

Kimberlee said...

It is good to blog cute stuff like this...for me it will be the only record of cute stuff my kids say. I am a huge scrapbook and journaler slacker. Carson is at such a cute age...enjoy every minute, before sassiness sets in.

Martins said...

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said Ideas are like children. You think your own are great! :) haha.. I think your kids are great, and love hearing about their silliness. Carson is a pretty cooh kid!